Determining What the Customer Wants to Buy
必备表达 Key Expressions
Do you want me to show you anything?
要我拿点什么给您看看吗?
Can I get you anything?
要在这里买点什么呢?
Do you like Chinese purd silk?
您喜欢中国真丝吗?
Are you keen on this furniture?
您喜爱这件家具吗?
Would you like a darker coat or a brighter one?
您是喜欢颜色深一点的还是鲜艳一点的上衣?
Any particular brand?
要什么牌子的?
Which do you prefer,novels or magzines?
你想买什么书,小说还是杂志?
这是一个选择疑问句,其结构为“特殊疑问句+选择1+选择2”,有时会有更多的选择,如:What do you like best,fish,chicken or beef?
你最喜欢吃什么,鱼、鸡还是牛肉?
prefer意为“(两者中)更喜欢”,常与介词to一起使用。如:
I prefer pears to apples.
梨和苹果,我更喜欢吃梨。
What can l show you,madam?
夫人,您想买点什么?
What kind of book would you like to read?
您想读点什么样的书?
What material do you prefer?
您喜欢什么样的面料?
What kind would you like to see?
您想看看什么样的?
May I know what you have decided1 on?
能告诉我您决定买什么了吗?
What kind of hair spray did you have in mind?
您想买什么样的喷发胶?
have something in mind在此意为“想好买什么东西”,常用于问句中。如:
prefer,
Do you have any particular color in mind?
您想好买哪种颜色了吗?
It seems you are interested in arts and crafts.
您好象对工艺品感兴趣。
Natural pearls or cultured pearls?We have both kinds.
您要真珠还是养珠。我们两们都有。
I guess you might enjoy a book on Chinese cuisine2.
我猜您可能喜欢中国烹饪方面的书.
We have the very thing for you .
我们正好有你想要的东西。
对话 1 Dialogue 1
A:What can l show you, madam?
夫人,您想买什么?
B:l'd like to buy a pure silk dress.
我想买一条真丝裙子。
A:Well,we have many different colors of this design.Which kind do you prefer, a darker one or a brighter one?
好的。这种式样我们有各种不同颜色的,您是喜欢颜色深一点的还是鲜艳一点的?
B:For my age.I think a darker one will be better.
根据我的年龄,我想还是深一点的吧。
A:Yes,I think so,too.
是的,我想也是。
对话2 Dialogue 2
A:Can you show me some jade3,please?
能给我拿些玉看看吗?
B:Yes,of course.Would you like a jade ring?
当然可以。喜欢玉戒指吗?
A:Yes,and I'd like a jade bracelet,too.
喜欢,我还想买一只玉手镯。
B:Here are all kinds of jades4.Choose whatever you like, please.
这些是各种各样的玉器.
A:Thank you.
谢谢。
[A moment later]
[过了一会儿]
A:Oh,this one is quite impressive.I'll take it.By the way,do you sell pearl necklaces?
嗯,这是很特别,我买了。顺便问一下你们店有珍珠项链吗?
B:Yes.Natural pearls or cultured pearls?We have both kinds.
有的。要真珠的和还是养珠的?两种我们都有.
A:I wonder which looks more lustrous5.
请问哪一种色彩更鲜艳?
B:Well,natural pearls are of hifher value,but the cultured pearls have equal luster6 and are just as beautiful.
嗯,真珠的价值较高。不过实际上,养珠也跟真珠一样光彩美丽.
A:Oh,I see.I think I prefer the natural.
哦,原来如此,我想如此,我想还是买真珠.
对话 3 Dialogue 3
A:Good evening,miss.Do you want me to show you anything?
晚上好,夫人。要我拿点什么给您看看吗?
B:Yes.I'm looking for a pair of gloves.
是的,我想买双手套。
A:What kind do you have in mind?
您想买什么样的?
B:I'm not so sure.Maybe something in leather.
我还拿不定,就来一双皮的吧。
A:Just a moment,I'll get you a pair.Here you are.you may try them on.
请稍候,我去给您拿。给您,您不妨戴上试一试。
B:Thank you.This pair fits me perfectly7.l'll take them.
谢谢,这双非常适合,我买了。