经典电影《乱世佳人》改编自描述南北战争的世界名著《飘》Gone With the Wind。费雯丽和克拉克盖博的精彩演绎使得书中的两位主人公郝思嘉和白瑞德活灵活现,成为了永恒的经典。
1.Land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying1 for. Because it’s the only thing that lasts.
土地是世界上唯一值得你去为之工作,为之战斗,为之牺牲的东西,因为它是唯一永恒的东西。
2.I wish I could be more like you.
我要像你一样就好了。
3.Whatever comes, I’ll love you, just as I do now. Until I die.
无论发生什么事,我都会像现在一样爱你,直到永远。
4.I think it’s hard winning2 a war with words.
我认为纸上谈兵没什么作用。
5.Sir, you’re no gentleman.
And you miss are no lady.
先生,你可真不是个君子。
小姐,你也不是什么淑女。
6.I never give anything without expecting something in return. I always get paid.
我做任何事不过是为了有所回报,我总要得到报酬。
7.In spite3 of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you.
哪怕你我粉身碎骨,哪怕世界末日,我都会爱着你。
8.I love you more than I’ve ever loved any woman. And I’ve waited longer for you than I’ve waited for any woman.
我从没有像爱你一样爱过任何一个女人。我也从没有像等你那样等过任何一个女人。
9.If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill, as God as my witness4, I’ll never be hungry again!
即使让我撒谎,去偷,去骗,去杀人,上帝作证,我再也不要挨饿了!
10.Now I find myself in a world which for me is worse than death. A world in which there is no place for me.
现在我发现自己活在一个比死还要痛苦的世界,一个无我容身之处的世界。
11.You’re throwing away happiness with both hands. And reaching out for something that will never make you happy.
你把自己的幸福拱手相让,去追求一些根本不会让你幸福的东西。
12.Home. I’ll go home. And I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.
家,我要回家。我要想办法让他回来。不管怎样,明天又是全新的一天。