| ||||||||||||||||
1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY 坠入爱河
start feeling love towards somebody
对某人产生感情
I think I'm falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?
2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT 一见钟情
falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
初次见面,便喜欢某人
My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。
3. BE AN ITEM 确立恋爱关系
two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
两人交往时确立恋爱关系
I didn't know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn't even look at each other at dinner.
我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。
4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN 天作之合
a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement1 each other so well
一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。
Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?
-I hope they will. They're a match made in heaven.
-希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。
5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE) 死心塌地
be in love with somebody very much
深深陷入爱情
Look at them. They're head over heels in love with each other.
看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。
6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY 卿卿我我
expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。
I don't want to go out with Jenny and David. They're so lovey-dovey, I just can't stand it.
我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。
7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY 为某人所倾倒
finding somebody extremely attractive
认为某人格外耀眼
Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice2. I wouldn't be surprised if she asked him out.
纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。
8. PUPPY LOVE 初恋
short-term adolescent love
少男少女之间的短暂爱情
My son is only twelve, but he's already in love. Isn't it a bit too early?
我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?
-Don't worry, it's only puppy love. It won't last.
-别担心,初恋是短暂的。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||
上一篇:在为自己感到骄傲之前 请不要停下 下一篇:那些有关爱情的习语 中 |
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>