| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
We went out to the His paniola in a small boat.
我们乘小船去看伊斯帕尼奥拉号船。
埃罗正在那里等我们,显然他和乡绅非常友好。
But things were not the same between Mr Trelawney and the captain.
但屈利劳尼和船长就不那么友好了。
Captain Smollett seemed angry with everybody on board, and told us why.
斯摩列特船长似乎对船上所有的人都很生气,并对我们讲了他为什么生气。
我不喜欢这次航行,他说,我不喜欢这些人,我也不喜欢大副。
Perhaps ,sir ,you don't like the ship?said the squire ,an-grily.
也许,先生,您不喜欢这条船?乡绅不高兴地问道。
I can't say that ,sir ,as I haven't yet sailed her, replied the captain.
我还不能这么说,先生,我还没驾驶她,船长回答。
She seems a good ship.
船似乎不错。
或许,先生,你对你的雇主不满意?乡绅说。
好,好,大家别争论了,李甫西大夫说。
He turned to the captain.You say you don't like this voyage, he said.Please explain.
他转向船长说:你说你不喜欢这次航行,为什么?
I was employed, sir,said the captain,on secret orders,and to sail this ship where that gentleman ordered me to sail it.
我秘密受雇于人,先生,船长说,这位先生让我去哪儿我就去哪儿。
Now I find every other man on this ship knows more than I do.
而现在我发现船上任何一个人知道的都比我多。
I don't call that fair, do you?
我认为这不公平,你说呢?
No,said Dr Livesey, I don't.
是不公平,李甫西大夫说,我也这么认为。
还有,船长说,我听说我们要去寻宝—我是听我自己的船员说的。
老实说,在情况最好的时候我也不喜欢寻宝航行,
and I certainly don't like them when they are secret.
我更不喜欢这样遮遮掩掩的。
Also, a captain is usually allowed to choose his own crew.
并且,船长应该有权选择自己的船员。
That's true, agreed the doctor.And you don't like Mr Arrow?
是这样,大夫说。你不喜欢埃罗吗?
No, sir, replied Captain Smollett.
不是,先生,船长斯摩列特说,
He's too friendly with the crew.
他对船员们非常友好。
Tell us what you want, said the doctor.
告诉我们你想怎样?大夫说。
First of all, the men are putting the powder and weapons in the front of the ship,said the captain.
首先,那些人把火药和武器放在船头,船长说。
其实,船舱下面有个不错的地方,为什么不放在那里呢?
Second, you are bringing four of your own people.
其次,你们带来的四个人,
Let them sleep here be-side the cabin.
让他们睡在船长室隔壁吧。
What else?asked Mr Trelawney.
还有吗?屈利劳尼先生问。
Only one thing, sir, said the captain.
还有一件事,先生,船长说。
There's been too much talking already.
现在泄露出去的事情太多了。
I'll tell you what I've heard.
我把我听到的告诉你们。
That you have a map of an island;
据说你们有一个岛的地图,
that there's crosses on the map to show where treasure is;
上面画着叉叉标出了宝藏的位置;
and that the island is-Then he told us the exact place.
那个岛位于—他说出了那个岛的准确位置。
I never told that to anyone!cried the squire.
我没告诉过任何人!乡绅说。
The crew know it, sir,replied the captain.
船员知道了,先生,船长说。
I don't know who has this map, but I want it to be kept secret,even from me and Mr Arrow.
我不知道地图在谁手里,但我希望保密,即使对我和埃罗也一样。
If not ,I will ask you to let me leave the ship.
否则我就请求离开这条船。
You want us to keep all this a secret,said the doctor,
你让我们保守秘密,大夫说,
and you want all the weapons and powder to be kept near us.
你把所有的武器都安置在我们附近。
In other words ,you fear a mutiny.
这就是说,你担心船上暴乱?
I did not say that ,sir,replied Captain Smoll ett.
我没这么说,先生,斯摩列特船长说。
No captain could go to sea believing that.And he went away.
相信有暴乱的船长是不会出海的。说完他走了。
Trelawney, said the doctor, I believe you have managed to get two honest men on board-that man ,and John Silver.
屈利劳尼,大夫说,我认为你物色到了两个正直的人—船长和约翰·西尔弗。
西尔弗,没错,乡绅说。至于船长,他根本不像个男人,更不像一个好海员!
Well, said the doctor, we shall see.
那么,大夫说,咱们走着瞧吧。
高个约翰来的时候我们正忙着搬火药和武器。
The cook came up the side as quick as a monkey and saw what we were doing.
他跳上船,像只灵巧的猴子,看着我们干活。
What's this?he wanted to know.
这是干什么?他问。
My orders,said the captain, coldly.You may go below, my man.
是我的命令,船长冷冷地说。你可以下去了,
The crew will want supper.
船员们该吃晚饭了。
Yes ,sir,said the cook, and disappeared quickly.
是,先生,厨子说,然后就离开了。
That's a good man, captain,said the doctor.
他是个好人,船长,大夫说。
That may be ,sir ,replied Captain Smollett.
也许是,先生,船长斯摩列特答道。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>