在美国生存常用习语 谨防一字之差而闹笑话2
文章来源: 文章作者: 发布时间:2007-09-15 01:16 字体: [ ]  进入论坛
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass1. 眼中钉,肉中刺。

  Skeleton in the closet. 家丑 

  Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!

  A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小

  I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑 

  She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚

  Spacingout = daydreaming2. 做白日梦

  I am so fed up. 我受够了!

  It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。

  What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?

  By all means = Definitely. 一定是。

  Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧!

  I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我请客 

  Let's go Dutch. 各付各的 

  My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服 

  diarrhea 拉肚子 

  吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it?”就是问“要几分熟”的意思,可以选择rare,medium或 well-done。 

  I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服! 

  May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。) 

  I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲! 

  Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!   

  What's the rush! 急什么! 

  Such a fruitcake! 神经病!

  I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。 

  I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!

  easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。 

  flunk3 out 被当掉 

  take French leave 不告而别

  I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。 

  You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。


TAG标签:
发表评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:点击我更换图片