| 
 | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| 
	As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats. 
	火车开始缓缓加速,乘客们挨个儿在座位上坐定。 
	我预购了下铺的车票,如此一来,火车向前行驶的时候,我就可以欣赏窗外的风景了。 
	I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat. 
	我也不知道自己为什么总是偏爱靠窗的位子。 
	An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine. 
	一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。 
	I looked at her. 
	我看了看她。 
	She must be in her eighties, I guessed. 
	这大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜测。 
	At one point, we met our eyes. 
	偶然的,我们四目相接。 
	She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response. 
	她对我报以微笑,我也彬彬有礼的表示回礼。 
	Both of us were silent. 
	我们俩都没说话。 
	By that time, the train was in its full speed. 
	这时,火车正全速前进。 
	It was 4:50 pm, evening time. 
	那时的时间是下午4点50分。 
	So, bed time was still in a long way. 
	离睡觉的时间还早着呢。 
	I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?' 
	我实在忍不住寂寞,就问道,“阿姨,您这是到哪儿去呀?” 
	She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.' 
	她看看我,友好的说:"我到军营里去,亲爱的。” 
	Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?' 
	我顿时兴致倍增,更想刨根问底了。我礼貌的问,“您去拜访什么人吗?” 
	She smiled triumphantly2 and said, 'Yes!' 
	她露出自豪的微笑,说到“没错。” 
	Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood, 
	我还不想住嘴,一副兴高采烈的样子对她说, 
	'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.' 
	“阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孙子,您一定很高兴。“ 
	Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered, 
	听到我的问题,她似乎有些被戳到痛处,但她还是宽容的答道, 
	'Oh, dear! You are so sweet! 
	“哦,亲爱的,你太好了。 
	Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army 
	不过,我只有一个儿子参军 
	and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before. 
	就在几天前,他在一场恐怖袭击中去世了。 
	I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him. 
	我还给他买了这么多衣服,准备过冬穿呢。 
	So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers, 
	所以,我就想,为什么不把给儿子的衣服送给其他的士兵呢 
	so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it. 
	这样一来,我的悲伤或许会减轻一些,看到他们穿着这些衣服,就像我自己的儿子穿着一样,我一定会很高兴。 
	He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.' 
	他还是个单身汉,所以我还没有孙子呢。” 
	她的故事简直让人心碎,我目瞪口呆! 
	可是,我又从心底生出对这位老妇人的敬意。 
	I was thinking of her brave heart! 
	我想,她的心多么坚强呀! 点击  收听单词发音 
 
 
 
 | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| 上一篇:你是人间的四月天  下一篇:聪明人知道何时应该打破规则   | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
- 发表评论
- 
				
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>



