101. In the _____ of my long life I’ve known many changes which took place in this village.
A. course B. cause C. way D. day
102. Some people say that smoking is a bad _____.
A. custom B. habit C. manner D. tradition
103. The activity is called "saving the earth" which refers to more reduction of ____ caused to the world by freon (氟里昂)of refrigerators.
A. hurt B. harm C. destroy D. damage
104. Oh, your coat is quite out of _____. You should buy a newer one.
A. age B. period C. stage D. date
105. I saw a beautiful golden fish in the street market ______.
A. another day B. a few days C. other day D. the other day
106. Don’t scold him. He was just trying to do a good _____.
A. thing B. act C. manner D. deed
107. When he was very young, my chemistry teacher took _____ in reading detective stories.
A. happiness B. delight C. joy D. like
108. What you said just now is out of my depth. This sentence probably means _____.
A. I don’t like what you said. B. I don’t mind what you said just now.
C. I can’t understand what you said. D. I didn’t hear what you said.
109. I’d like to buy a vase with a _____ of flowers on it.
A. outline B. design C. map D. form
110. He is a man of great determination. I am sure he will succeed in the end. The underlined sentence probably means _____.
A. He is a strong-minded person. B. He is a man who likes to make a decision
C. He is a very weak person. D. He is full of determination.
111. Write something every day. It’s a good habit to keep a _____ .
A. daily B. diary C. record D. letter
112. When the school was over, all the students scattered _____.
A. in all directions B. to all directions
C. at all directions D. to every directions
113. The main meal of the day, eaten in the middle of the day or the evening is called ____.
A. meal B. dinner C. breakfast D. supper
114. One of these guards, whom I had cured of a painful _____, was always praising my skill.
A. illness B. sickness C. disease D. disorder
115. The earth is divided into twenty-four time _____,
A. zones B. areas C. districts D. regions
116. This pocket English dictionary cost me 2
A. dollars; yuans B. dollar; yuan C. dollar; yuans D. dollars; yuan
117. Look. The soldier are at _____ in the barrack yard.
A. drill B. exercise C. practice D. training
118. Which of the following is not a drink? _____
A. beer B. whiskey C. coffee D. caster oil
119. Through the customs at the capital airport, I had to pay _____ on the camera I had bought.
A. taxes B. duty C. toll D. custom
120. Nothing on can separate
A. earth B. world C. land D. globe
121. The problem was that Einstein's family did not have enough money to pay for his further .
A. school B. studying C. education D. schooling
122. Inflation (通货膨胀) is having a disastrous (灾难性的) on the economy
A. effect B. effort C. impression D. result
123. I know you don't like that guy (家伙) , but you could make a(n) to be polite.
A. try B. effort C. hard D. effect
124. Albert Einstein had a great _____ upon science and technology last century.
A. effect B. affect C. effort D. afford
125. The old man is quite able to take care of himself, he has seen the elephant. The underlined part means _____.
A. The old man knows the elephant. B. The old man once saw the elephant.
C. The old man can take care of the elephant. D. The old man is full of experience.
126. Mary doesn’t want to hear such a thing. If you say it again, you will make _____ of her.
A. an enemy B. a friend C. a hater D. a comrade
127. Young people usually have more energy than the old. The underlined word probably means _____.
A. power B. trouble C. force D. spirit
128. If you want to speak English fluently, you should first practise _____ English _____.
A. everyday; everyday B. every day; everyday C. everyday; every day D. everyday; everyday
129. The researcher collected information, studied it, did a lot of and learnt from the experiences of farmers.
A. experiments B. explanations C. experiences D. tests
130. --- How do you spend your weekend?
--- I usually earn for working.
A. money B. salary C. wages D. extra
131. The magician said to the audience: “Ladies and gentlemen, before your very I will now make this rabbit disappear.”
A. eye B. ear C. head D. mouth
132. When Ross, a foreign teacher heard the good news, she had a cheerful _____.
A. face B. countenance C. facial D. look
133. _____ speak louder than words. (prov.)
A. Facts B. Actions C. Fancy D. Factuality
134. The German expert you saw just now works in a cotton textile _____ , a joint venture enterprise in
A. mill B. factory C. plant D. works
135. Every year
A. Firm B. Show C. Fair D. Exhibition
136. The _____ planning is an essential national policy of our country, which encourages each couple only to bear one child.
A. family B. home C. house D. population
137. The young couple bought a ________ with two halls and four rooms when they got married.
A. floor B. home C. family D. flat
138. --- Can you tell me what time __________ No.172 arrives?
--- Sorry, I’m not sure of the time. It is said that it is postponed.
A. Plane B. Flight C. Flying D. Aircraft.
139. --- How did you spend you summer vocation?
--- I went to
The underlined part probably means _____.
A. one week B. two weeks C. four days D. three weeks
140. At the banquet, the host suggested drinking to their ever-lasting _____.
A. friend B. friendly C. friends D. friendship
141. Beds, chairs, tables and desks are ______.
A. furnitures B. furniture C. a piece of furniture D. articles of furnitures
142. Let's meet at the school at nine to morrow morning, shall we?.
A. gate B. door C. playground D. ground
143. We often hear the old man sighed with feeling “The younger don't know what hard work it is!”
A. girls B. boys C. generation D. parents
144. The reason why the two _____ cannot speak _____ language is that they were born in
A. Germans; German B. Germen; the German C. Germen; German D. Germans; the German
145. What on _____ do you mean by saying so?
A. earth B. world C. land D. ground
146. Last night one of my classmates took the gloves to me over the answers to the maths problem. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. quarreled with me B. talked with me C. took my gloves D. gave me a pair of gloves
147. If a beard is a sign of smartness, the _____ will be a Socrates (苏格拉底). (prov.)
A. sheep B. lamb C. goat D. god
148. _____ helps those who help themselves. (prov.)
A. Sky B. Heaven C. God D. Glory
149. --- Look, that gentleman is wearing a beautiful _____ watch.
--- I don’t think it is real one. Perhaps it is just a _____ one.
A. gold; gold B. golden; gold C. golden; golden D. gold; golden
150. --- Would you please tell me how to settle this maths problem?
--- Oh, sorry, I can’t. You can go and ask John for help. He has the goods. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. He has some goods to sell. B. He wants some goods
C. He has the ability to settle the problem. D. He has bought some goods.
151. In the past few years, the Chinese _____ has achieved many successes in diplomacy, economics and many other respects.
A. people B. nation C. country D. government
152. At the news that 2004 Olympic Games would be held in
153. If there has been burglary in your house, you should put round it before the police arrive to investigate the case.
A. guests B. ladders C. guards D. poison
154. If a man receives no _____ at home, when abroad he’ll have no hosts. (prov.)
A. customers B. guests C. callers D. passengers
155. It has become the _____ for English families to go to the seaside in summer.
A. habit B. custom C. hobbies D. rules
156. He cut the apple ________, and gave the big to his little sister.
A. into half B. into halves C. in halves D. in the half
157. The student standing there was praised by his teacher on _____, but blamed by his friends on _____.
A. a hand ... two hands B. one hand ... the other hand
C. hands of ... the other hands D. one hand ... another hand
158. --- Sorry, I don’t know how to work out this maths problem.
--- Use your _____, and then you will find a way.
A. mind B. heart C. brain D. head
159. The doctor who cured my friend of cancer always serves others and soul.
A. heart B. mind C. spirit D. head
160. When the teacher found the terrible writing of the naughty boy, he said angrily “Good ! What on earth have you written?”
A. God B. heavens C. heaven D. hero
161. The 1998 flood is the worst disaster in the of
A. honey B. time C. history D. homeland
162. At the social gathering the weather is the subject which usually breaks the _____.
A. ice B. iceberg C. topic D. instance
163. James was weak from a long _____ . I think he should have good rest and enough nutrition(营养).
A. disease B. sickness C. illness D. unhappiness
164. Some people here don't work hard but they get a good _______ from their investments.
A. wage B. earnings C. income D. salary
A. addition B. increase C. increasing D. independence
166. As we all know, _____ is very famous for its software industry though it is a developing country.
A. Japan B. South
167. Which of the following words does not belong to the same category? _____
A. institute B. college C. information desk D. institution
168. Read the ______ on the box carefully before you take the medicine.
A. instructions B. teachings C. advices D. interpretation
169. The people performing all play different _______ and three of them sing, too.
A. tools B. musical machines C. instruments D. means
170. So long as you work hard enough, a(an) _____ rod can be ground into a needle. (prov.)
A. steel B. stick C. gold D. iron
171. You should put down your jacket, otherwise both of you will have a quarrel. That will make things worse. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. wear your jacket B. take off your jacket C. not be excited D. throw away the jacket
172. Since the disaster of September 11, American economy has got into a jam. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. had a lot of trouble B. become very good C. got into a stop D. developed rapidly
173. One of my Japanese friends sent me two _____, but I didn’t accept them.
A. jewels B. jewel C. jewelry D. jewelries
174. The teacher asked his students to help the old lady to do some housework and they made a good _____ of it.
A. job B. work C. task D. justice
175. I preferred to go there by plane, but I hadn't enough money to pay for the _______.
A. trip B. voyage C. journey D. tour
176. Three times the accused was brought to court for trail, he was sentenced half a year’s imprisonment by the _____.
A. lawyer B. official C. officer D. judge
177. You should turn to Mrs. Green. She is the key figure in the company. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. a person who has the key B. a very important person
C. a new product D. a new policeman
178. There are four basic _____ of blood in the human body. What do you belong to, A, B, AB or O?
A. kinds B. sorts C. types D. classes
A. labour B. task C. job D. work
180. There is a _____ of understanding between them. Otherwise, they will be good friends.
A. sufficiency B. abundance C. adequacy D. lack
181. In the hospital, there are a lot of _____.
A. ladies doctors B. lady doctors C. ladies doctor D. woman doctors
182. To the sea captain’s surprise, he found that travel could also be quite pleasant.
A. earth B. land C. ground D. plain
183. Hearing the funny speech given by the famous professor, all of us burst into _____.
A. laughed B. laughter C. laughing D. laugh
184. In no time the locusts came down and started eating everything --- the wheat, the corn, the grass and even the _____ on the tree.
A. leaf B. leafs C. lemon D. leaves
185. When I was at school, I had to learn a Tang poem by each week.
A. ear B. mouth C. heart D. eye
186. The post-graduate wants to be a part-time in the capital library where he can read some rare and precious books.
A. library B. librarian C. assistant D. help
187. The actor is very forgetful. He often forgets his and his group can’t work regularly.
A. line B. litter C. license D. lines
188. The truck is carrying a of bananas. All these will be sent to the north of
A. loaf B. lid C. load D. burdens
189. “ ” is a word in British English, which has the same meaning as “truck” in American English, such as: “lift/elevator”, “autumn/fall” and “luggage/baggage”.
A. Lorry B. Carriage C. mini-bus D. Coach
190. What impressed me most was that they never even when they failed once again.
A. lost hearts B. lost their heart C. lost heart D. lost their hearts
191. Things went well for him during his early life but in middle age his seemed to change.
A. chance B. success C. way D. luck
192. You are only allowed to take less than 30 kilograms of carry-on(随身携带的) onto a plane.
A. food B. luggage C. fruits D. bag
193. You can find the town on recent if you are afraid of losing the way there.
A. picture B. drawing C. painting D. maps
194. The old farmer went to the nearby to sell his homemade basket every morning.
A. fair B. market C. monument D. fairy
195. According to the regulation, you can only borrow a of ten books from the library.
A. minimum B. majority C. main D. maximum
196. On Sunday morning, Mother bought a piece of at the butcher’s.
A. flesh B. meat C. muscle D. vegetable
197. My sister is a student of traditional Chinese _____ and five years later she will become a doctor.
A. medicine B. a medicine C. medicines D. medical
198. A good is a great help in learning foreign languages.
A. mind B. thinking C. idea D. memory
199. A _____ is a card on which the names and prices of foods provided in the hotel, restaurant or cafe are printed.
A. mask B. notebook C. menu D. recipe
200. If by any chance someone comes to see me, ask them to leave a .
A. message B. letter C. sentence D. notice
101—105ABBDD 106—110DBCBA 111—115BABDA 116—120DADBA 121—125CADAD
126—130ACCAD 131—135AAABC 136—140ADBBD 141—145BACDA 146—150ACCDC
151—155DBCBA 156—160BBDAB 161—165CACCB 166—170CCACD 171—175CAAAC
176—180DBCAC 181—185BBBDC 186—190BDCAC 191—195DBDBD 196—200BADCA
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>