201. Don’t force us to accept your point of view. What is the meaning of the underlined part?
A. objection B. thinking C. opinion D. method
202. The police are offering a to anyone who can give information about the wanted criminal(通缉犯).
A. price B. prize C. reward D. money
203. Hawks eat more field _____ than _____ . We should take good care of them and not kill them
A. mouse… chicken B. mice… chicken C. mouse… chickens D. mice… chickens
204. The railways in
A. the nation B. the country C. the state D. the land
205. There are 56 ___________ in
A. nations B. races C. nationalities D. people
206. My cousin is a sailor. He's doing very well in the _______.
A. army B. navy C. air force D. boat
207. After a few days’ hard work, the workers have broken the neck of the project. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. the workers have damaged the project
B. the workers have delayed the project
C. the workers have got rid of the project
D. the workers have finished the most difficult part of the project.
208. His _________, his sister's son, was admitted to
A. cousin B. niece C. nephew D. grandson
209. Very loud ______ can make people ill, or even drive them mad.
A. voices B. sounds C. noise D. noises
210. I found my _____ open when I opened my drawer. Someone must have read what I wrote in it.
A. novel B. notebook C. wallet D. dictionary
211. Our daily Beijing Mean Time is in fact Nanjing Time. That’s because we set our time by the standards of Tzichingshan (Zijinshan) ______ in
A. obligation B. observatory C. oraganization D. laboratory
212. --- What do you think of the novel?
--- In my _________, its just so so.
A. thought B. idea C. occupation D. opinion
213. ________ is a warm coat over ordinary clothes in cold weather, its thinner one called “topcoat” in A.E(American English).
A. Suit B. Skirt C. Overcoat D. Gloves
214. Our national current is characterized by such a variety of modes as a joint venture and monopoly capital, apart from State, Collective and Individual.
A. ownership B. owner C. owing D. owning
215. Of all the English universities, the most famous are
A. Oxford B. Maryland C. South
216. If you feel dizzy in a coal-burning room, that’s lack of . Please open the window and air the room at once.
A. onion B. hydrogen C. oxygen D. carbon-dioxide
217. The constitution（宪法）reads: Any party, whether in office or in , should serve the majority of the people heart and soul。
A. opposition B. post C. occupation D. order
218. There came a voice of “ ”. She got her ring finger scratched by the bottle opener.
A. Aha B. Yummy C. Ugh D. Ouch
219. I received a postal packet yesterday. Which of the following can replace the underlined word? _____
A. bag B. baggage C. package D. parcel
220. Mr. Wang was reading ______ on how to learn a foreign language when someone came to see him.
A. paper B. a piece of paper C. a paper D. a sheet of paper
221. There are 5 ________ in the passage about nanometer(纳米) technology we have just read. Please tell me the general meaning of the first one.
A. persons B. paragraphs C. articles D. units
A. audiences B. visitors C. travelers D. passersby
223. Lun Xun once said that the _____ are made by people. That’s so-called “Where there is a will, there is a way”.
A. paths B. ways C. tracks D. roads
224. TV home shopping(电视直销) has changed the way of shopping and the ____ of people’s family life in some way.
A. meaning B. structure C. pattern D. tense
225. After a ________ , the author went on writing his novel. Which of the following cannot be put in the blank?
A. food B. rest C. pause D. break
226. --- What’s the price of the apple?
--- Ninety-seven _____ per kilogram.
A. pences B. pence C. penny D. pennys
227. Christopher Marlore (1564—95) was a writer belonging to ______of Shakespeare.
A. the period B. a time C. an age D. day
228. Now more and more people prefer to have a ______ at home --- a little dog, a cat or some other animals.
A. habit B. hobby C. parrot D. pet
229. The baby is the picture of health. What does this sentence mean? _____
A. The baby in the picture is very healthy. B. The baby likes the healthy picture
C. The baby is looking at the beautiful picture. D. The baby is in very good health.
230. The little boy likes plane models very much. He wants to be a _______and fly a plane into the sky when he grows up.
A. driver B. pilot C. designer D. producer
231. The old man is used to sleeping without a ________in order to keep his back from bending.
A. net B. pillow C. slippers D. quilt
232. The farmer is enjoying a pipe after a long period of hard work. The underlined part probably means _____.
A. smoking B. looking at a pipe C. buying a pipe D. fitting a pipe
233. Many westerners have the habit of reading their plates every day. The underlined part probably means _____
A. looking at their plates B. examining their plates
C. checking their plates D. praying
234. He seems to have nothing to do. He always keeps his hands in his ______.
A. bags B. chest C. back D. pockets
235. The thief was caught by a ______ in plain clothes.
A. police B. policeman C. policemen D. policewomen
236. Marine was very interested in _____ because her father is a famous _____ figure.
A. politics; politics B. politics; political C. political; politics D. political; political
237. The campus violence in
A. a potato freshly cooked B. a problem difficult to settle
B. a fairly easy thing to do D. a place the students want to go to
238. It is beyond my _______ to decide whether we should begin our meeting or not.
A. strength B. power C. force D. might
239. Since the plan for the project has been carefully worked out, what we have to do is to put it into _____.
A. reality B. action C. fact D. practice
240. After our country’s entry into WTO, our agricultural products, such as ______ and so on are facing more and more challenge.
A. foodstuffs, fruits, cotton B. foodstuffs, textile, hand-made goods
C. fruits, cotton, hand-made goods D. textile, fruits, cotton
241. --- To what window are you standing in a _______?
--- No: 5, of course.
A. lines B. rows C. queue D. thread
242. Every day the teacher gives us a one-minute in English.
A. test B. exam C. contest D. quiz
243. There are many kinds of media(大众传播). Which of the following do not belong to the same category?
A. TV, radio, newspaper B. radio, newspaper, magazine
C. radio, magazine, internet D. radio, internet, railway
244. It is widely believed that a good _____ between the two countries is important for the development of both
A. connection B. link C. relation D. relationship
245. After work, the young man and his colleagues went to the nearest _____ and sat down at the table for a grand dinner.
A. bar B. cafe C. restaurant D. dining-room
246. Nelson Mandela played and is still playing a leading ________ in ending apartheid(种族隔离政策) in South Africa.
A. use B. roles C. role D. parts
247. He found it quite impossible to learn _____ well in less than 6 months so he registered for the next semester(term).
A. Russian B. Russians C. Russia D.
248. A group of the red scarves are playing on the seaside_______.
A. sand B. sands C. sail D. salts
249. A_____ has taught us what atoms are made up of and how powerful the atom bomb is.
A. seaman B. salesman C. naturalist D. scientist
250. Every year
A. bonus B. scholarships C. rewards D. pensions
A. was a good omen on B. had ill effect on C. was at war with D. effected
252. One of the purposes of United Nations is to achieve international co-operation without distinction as to race,____, language or religion.
A. sex B. female C. male D. skin
253. I have to wear a _____ and a tie in order to work in the manager’s office.
A. clothes B. dress C. shirt D. clothing
254. You can recognize a tree by the ______ of its _______.
A. shapes…leaves B. shape…leaf C. shape… leaves D. shapes…leaf
255. Keith just shrugged his _____ and said it wasn’t his problem.
A. shoulder B. shoulders C. arms D. bodies
256. --- _____ do you take?
--- Size 24 shoes.
A. What colour shoes B. What size shoes C. Which number shoes D. How much shoes
257. Today’s homework is to write a composition, its title is: Will we become _____ or master?
A. slave B. slaves C. slavery D. slaveries
258. There isn’t a cafe within a _________ mile here.
A. square B. feet C. foot D. kilometer
259. The inter-university ________meet is usually held every other July.
A sport B. sports C. game D. games
260. The word spread that the president came down with lung cancer. Which of the following has the same meaning as the underlined word?
A. order B. news C. tiding D. rumour
261. It took Susan weeks to regain her _________ after a bad _________.
A. strengthen… illness B. strength…illness C. strength…ill D. strengthen…ill
262. Please write me a 200-300-word_____ of this long report to read.
A. summary B. outline C. sketch D. composition
263. The bank is equipped with new alarm _____. We can say it’s safe and reliable completely.
A. system B. way C. order D. setting
264. The invention of the coal-burning engine revolutionized industrial production in the 18th century and opened the way to the development of mechanized transport by rail and sea.
A. vapour B. steam C. solar-energy D. atomic-energy
265. Which of the following does not belong to the same category?
A. suite B. flat C. suit D. apartment
266. Mr. Green's are at table now. The underlined part means ____.
A. beside the table B. having dinner C. at the table D. making a table
267. When he was very young, he made up his mind to be a doctor. Which of the following words can not be used instead of the underlined word?
A. tailor B. translator C. Tibetan D. tourist
268. The limited supply of water has been put into practice, take care to turn off the running ____ before you leave.
A. radio B. traffic lights C. gas D. tap
269. Records, ____, walkman CD and MD are the same instruments that we can use to enjoy music.
A. tapes B. hammers C. diamonds D. telegram
270. The main task of the government is to reduce the level of inflation (通货膨胀). The word "task" means ______.
A. exercise B. job C. habit D. favourite
271. What kind of drink would you like, coffee or orange? We can also use ____ instead of the underlined word.
A. tobacco B. peach C. tomato D. tea
272. When the police searched the village, they caught the two ____ that had stolen something from the shop.
A. robbers B. thiefs C. thieves D. pickpockets
273. Which of the following is not a container?
A. metal B. tin C. can D. tank
274. Believe it or not, two ____ is worth an egg.
A. tomato B. tomatos C. tomatoes D. tomatoses
275. A telephone is an instrument by which we can speak to people far away. The underlined word means ____.
A. a tool B. an experiment C. an expression D. an instruction
276. We should take good care of our ____. Don’t forget to rinse your mouth after meals.
A. toes B. eyes C. hands D. teeth
277. If you want to get there quickly, you'd better take the track in the forest. The underlined word means ____.
A. a path B. a car C. channel D. a canal
278. The road constant improvements can’t keep pace with the increasing ____ .
A. trucks B. private cars C. buses D. traffic
279. The Palace Museum has many art treasures. In this sentence, "treasure" means ____.
A. precious things B. money C. cheap things D. unimportant things
280. Take on a(n) with you. It looks like raining.
A. underwear B. overcoat C. water-proof jacket D. umbrella
281. Many hands make light work. is strength.
A. Union B. Nation C. Uniform D. Unifying
282. Our earth, one planet of the solar system, is only a very small part of the .
A. universal B. university C. universe D. union
283. The house was sold for 60,000 dollars, which was far more than its real _______ .
A. cost B. value C. price D. worth
284. The officers led their men to _______ in battle, so all the villagers came out to award them with food and drink on both sides of the road.
A. victory B. a triumph C. failure D. defeat
285. In the hotel semi-skilled workers include chambermaids (客房女服务员) and or waitress, who must have training for their particular duties.
A. assistants B. waiters C. guards D. cooks
286. In 1920
A. battle B. campaign C. struggle D. war
287. The clear colorless liquid that falls as rain, fills lake and rivers, and is necessary for life to exist is .
A. oxygen B. petrol C. water D. flood
288. My eldest sister was left these jewels in my grandmother’s deathbed .
A. paper B. letter C. words D. will
289. Our victory in the school sports meet resulted from the collective of all the classmates.
A. wisdom B. wisdoms C. brightness D. cleverness
290. Since reforms and opening to the outside, five special economic _____ have been founded in
A. areas B. zones C. districts D. prefectures
201—205CCDCA 206—210BDCCB 211—215BDCAA 216—220CADCC 221—225BDACA
226—230BADDB 231—235BADDB 236—240BBBDA 241—245CDDDC 246—250CAADB
251—255BACBA 256—260BAABB 261—265BAABC 266—270BCDAB 271—275DCACA
276—280DADAD 281—285ACBAC 286—290DCDAB
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>