了解中西方文化差异,说外国人听得懂的话1
文章来源: 文章作者: 发布时间:2007-09-15 01:28 字体: [ ]  进入论坛
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Between Good Friends

还是不是好朋友

【疯狂星级】三星级高中生级国际公民级

【录音提示】美国播音员录制,请全面模仿。

【疯狂短评】

我们学习语言,不但要学习语言本身,还要学习语言背后的文化。中西方有很多文化背景上的差异,如果对此一无所知,在与外国朋友交往的过程中必然会造成很多误解,闹出很多笑话。让我们来看看以下的情况。

Kim’s Note: In western culture close friends and even family members thank each other for the slightest help or favor1.This is very different from China! A simple task like opening a door or filling out a form is seen as expected behavior among friends.There is no need to thank!

【Situation境遇】

An Australian man asked his Chinese friend to do him a favor. But he was puzzled2 by his friend’s response.

一位澳大利亚朋友找中国朋友帮忙,中国朋友的话令他有点摸不着头脑。

Australian:Will you do me a favor?

你能帮我个忙吗?

Chinese:Is it a question?

这还会成问题吗?

Australian:Please help me fill out these forms.I can’t read the Chinese characters and I am confused3! I am sorry to bother you. I’ll appreciate everything you do for me.

请帮我填写这些表格。我不会认中国字,这把我搞糊涂了。要麻烦你真是不好意思。我会感激你为我做的每一件事。

Chinese:Come on. Are we still close friends?

你怎么这么说呢?我们不是好朋友吗?

【Question问题】

What did the Chinese friend mean?(中国朋友的话是什么意思?)

A.Yes, I can help you.(可以帮忙。)

B.Yes, my pleasure. You don’t have to feel bothered.(不必客气。)

C.Yes, of course. Whom do you take me as?(你把我当什么人啦。)

D.Others.(其他意思。)

Suggested answer: A, B, C全对

【疯狂说明】

Between good friends, parents and children, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, Chinese consider it unnecessary4 to stick to polite formulas. They seldom make compliments5 of each other and do not keep thanking each other all the time. They would feel uncomfortable in that way, or awkward6 doing this. Friends think that the relationship is getting dry, or assume7 that they have problems in their relationship. In English speaking countries, however, the situation is the opposite. No matter to whom, even for parents to their little child, everyone expresses thanks to those who help and offer assistance8. The phenomenon9 is described as “acting as an example to others” and “equality of human rights”.

中国人认为,在好友之间,父母子女之间,夫妻之间,兄弟姐妹之间,没有必要拘礼客套。他们很少互相夸赞,也不会把道谢挂在嘴边。如果这样做的话,他们会感到很不自在。朋友还会以为双方关系有所淡化,俗话称“见外”;或者揣摸双方关系是否有了裂痕。在英语国家,情况完全不同。不论是谁,即使是家长对幼小的子女,只要他们帮了忙,效了力,都要道谢。他们把这种现象解释为“言传身教”和“人权平等。”

【Advice忠告】

Express thanks at all times and do not be surprised when others do so.

随时道谢,对朋友的道谢不必神经过敏。

【对别人请求帮助的回答Replying to a request for help】

1.I’ll be happy to.我很愿意帮忙。

2.With pleasure.很乐意。

3.I’m at your service.随时效劳。

4.Any time.随时效劳。

5.Certainly.当然。

6.No trouble at all.一点不麻烦。

7.Sure. I’ll be glad to.当然,我很愿意帮忙。

8.Sure, no problem.当然,没问题。

9.I’ll do my best.我会尽力而为。

1)A:Could you do me a favor?

你能帮我个忙吗?

B:I’d be glad to.

我很愿意。

2)A:Could you please help me with … ?

你能帮我……吗?

B:Sure, no problem.

当然,没问题。

3)A:Can you help me?

你能帮我吗?

B:I’ll do my best.

我会尽力而为。

4)A:Will you do me a favor by (doing something)?

你能(做……)来帮我个忙吗?

B:With pleasure.

很乐意。

【致谢与反应Thanks and Response】

1)A:Thank you very much.

非常感谢。

B:Not at all.

不用谢。

2)A:I can’t thank you enough.

我真是非常感谢你。

B:Don’t mention it.

小事一桩。

3)A:Thanks a lot.

多谢。

B:You’re welcome.

不用谢。

4)A:I really appreciate it.

我真的很感激。

B:It’s my pleasure.

这是我的荣幸。

口语突破疯狂绝招21:听电影练口语娱乐学习两不误

Love Story

【疯狂星级】五星级大学英语专业本科级外交家级

【录音提示】电影原声片段,财富总结由美国播音员录制,请全面模仿。

【疯狂短评】

很多人喜欢看美国电影,有点英语底子的还爱看英文原版带中文字幕的。但在看电影的同时有没有想过电影也可以帮助你练习口语呢?其实,一段优秀的电影片段就可以帮你解决很多问题,学到很多可以随时运用的英语精华。你可以采取以下的步骤:

[1] 找出电影台词中最切合实际生活的部分;

[2] 反复听电影片段,并跟着模仿;

[3]疯狂操练,直至脱口而出;

[4]攻克其中的重点单词、口语要素、实用句子,举一反三,运用自如;

[5]像演员一样把它表演出来。

下面是一段节选自经典电影《爱情故事》的对白,讲的是男女主人公第一次见面时的故事,这样的对白也同样会发生在你的周围。


TAG标签:
发表评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:点击我更换图片