| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I'm a little strapped.
我手头有点紧。
I'd love to go to dinner with you guys, but I'm a bit strapped for cash.
我很想和你们一起吃晚餐,可是我手头有点紧。
2 as poor as a church mouse 一贫如洗
Although very rich in his youth, he is now as poor as a church mouse.
虽然年轻时很有钱,他现在却穷得一贫如洗。
I'm as poor as a church mouse!
我穷到吃土。
3 broke 破产的
I'm broke.
我身无分文。
Balton went broke twice in his career.
巴尔顿一生中经历了两次破产。
I've run out of dough.
我没钱了。
Borrowing money from friends and relatives helped him to scrape by.
他全靠亲朋好友的接济度日!
6 not have a bean 没有钱
I don't have a bean.
我连一个子儿都没了。
7 hand to mouth 勉强糊口
We lived from hand to mouth, never knowing where the next meal was coming from.
我们日子过得紧紧巴巴的,从来是吃了上顿没下顿。
8 Keep body and soul together 挣钱糊口
I hate my job, but I have to keep body and soul together somehow.
我讨厌我的工作,但不管怎么样我得挣钱糊口。
9 make both ends meet 勉强维持生计
With five children in college, Steve still manages to make both ends meet.
有五个小孩在念大学,史蒂夫还是有办法维持家计。
poverty line贫困线
poverty-stricken一贫如洗的
My family were living below the poverty line when I was little.
我很小的时候,我们家生活在贫困线以下。
The program was to help those poverty-stricken families.
该计划是为了帮助贫困不堪的家庭。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
上一篇:你说得对 下一篇:have sth. as one wishes 称心如意 |
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>