| ||||||||||||||||
1. actually: 其实,事实上
Actually, I didn't see her - I just heard her voice.
实际上,我并没有看见她,只是听到了她的声音。
2. to put it bluntly: 坦率说
To put it bluntly, I can't afford it.
坦率地说,我买不起。
To be candid with you, I think you're making a dreadful mistake.
跟你说实话,我觉得你在犯一个可怕的错误。
To be perfectly frank with you, I don't think she's the woman for the job.
十分坦诚地告诉你,我认为她不适合做那份工作。
5. tell me straight: 坦白说
Tell me straight, would you rather we didn't go tonight?
请坦白告诉我,你是不是希望我们今天晚上不去?
6. to be honest (= Speaking honestly): 老实说
To be honest, I don't think it will be possible.
说老实话,我认为那根本不可能。
7. to tell the truth: 说实话
To tell the truth, I'm quite pleased he's not coming.
说实话,他不来我很高兴。
8. stop/quit beating around the bush: 别绕弯子
Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you want.
别拐弯抹角了,直接告诉我你到底想怎么样。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>