| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
Break Someone's Heart 伤透某人的心
Definition: Hurt someone, usually romantically, or to cause some great disappointment.
定义:伤害某人,通常是浪漫的,或者引起一些极大的失望。
Angela broke Brad's heart last year. He can't get over her.
安吉拉去年伤了布拉德的心。他忘不了她。
I think losing the job broke his heart.
我认为失业使他心碎。
Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die 心划十字,以死起誓
Definition: Phrase meaning that you swear you are telling the truth.
定义:意思是你发誓说的是实话。
I cross my heart and hope to die. She's coming tomorrow!
我发誓,她明天一定会来!
Do you cross your heart and hope to die? I won't believe you otherwise.
除非你心划十字,以死起誓,否则我不会相信你的。
Eat Your Heart Out 嫉妒吧
定义:羡慕或嫉妒他人。
I'm going to New York next week. Eat your heart out!
我下周要去纽约。嫉妒吧!
当他听到你升职的消息时,肯定羡慕得不得了。
Follow Your Heart 听从内心
Definition: Do what you believe is right.
定义:做你认为正确的事。
I think you should follow your heart and move to Chicago.
我认为你应该听从你的内心去芝加哥。
She said she had to follow her heart and marry Peter, even if her parents didn't approve.
她说,即使她的父母不同意,她也要听从内心嫁给彼得。
From the Bottom of My Heart 打心底里
Definition: Usually used in the first person, this phrase means that you are completely sincere.
定义:通常使用于第一人称中,这个短语意味着你是完全真诚的。
You're the best player on the basketball team. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
你是篮球队最好的球员。我是从心底说的。
I think you are a wonderful person. Really, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
我觉得你是个很好的人。真的,我是从心底说的。
Get at the Heart of the Matter 抓住核心
Definition: Discuss the main issue, concern.
定义:讨论主要问题,关键点。
我想通过讨论我们的市场营销建议来抓住核心问题。
She didn't waste any time and got right to the heart of the matter.
她不浪费一分一秒,直接进入主题。
Be Halfhearted About Something 做事心不在焉
Definition: Not do or take something completely seriously.
定义:对待某事完全不认真。
I wish you weren't so halfhearted about this new project! Get serious!
我希望你不要对这个新项目这么不上心!认真点!
She was rather halfhearted in her attempts to find a job.
她在找工作时态度相当漫不经心。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
上一篇:挥之不去的旋律 下一篇:有关heart的英语习语和短语 下 |
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>