| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Thank you for that presentation. And please don't call me ma'am. I'm you're age. I think.
谢谢你得演讲,不要叫我女士。我认为我年纪大了。
How old is everybody here? Maximum.
大家都多大?最大。
I just turned 23, so we're the same age.
我刚满23岁,我们一样大。
Thank you so much for having me.
非常感谢你们喜欢我。
I'm very, very happy to be here and addressing this crowd. Who's…
我非常非常高兴能在这里向大家发表演讲。
I consider you as my friends, all of you because we are the same age.
我把你们当我的朋友,因为我们年龄相仿。
I don't know. I don't know where to start.
我不知道从哪儿开始。
So I'm a student myself, I just finished my graduation.
我自己也是一名学生,我刚刚毕业。
And all I want to say is that this life that you're living right now, your college life, this life is your most, most important period.
我想说的是,你们现在的生活,你们的大学生活,这是你们最重要的时期。
You should really, really focus on your college life, because what I did is I missed out on my college years because I was very busy practicing kickboxing and karate1 and mixed martial2 arts.
你真的应该专注于你的大学生活,因为我错过了我的大学时光,因为我忙着练习跆拳道、空手道和综合格斗。
I had no time.
我没有时间。
My college was two hours away from where I used to live.
我的大学离我以前住的地方有两个小时的路程。
I am not really from proper Bombay.
我不是真正的孟买人。
我来自一个叫Kalyan的地方,位于孟买的郊区。
So I used to travel 2 hours for my college, but I had no time because I had to focus more on my sports that was my first priority4 always.
所以我经常花2个小时去上学,但是我没有时间,因为我必须把更多的精力放在运动上,这是我的首要任务。
So I missed out on my college days.
所以我错过了很多大学时光。
I did not go for college festivals.
我不参加大学的节日。
I did not have a group of friends. You know, all these groupies, homies. I didn't have no homies.
我没有一群朋友。你知道的,这些追星族,兄弟。我没有朋友。
I was alone, and I had only one best friend, and that's it.
我孤身一人,只有一个最好的朋友,仅此而已。
That's my college life.
那就是我的大学生活。
And I really, really feel sad that I missed out on it.
我真的很伤心,我错过了。
But then I focused on sports, and that is how. That is how everything happened. That is how my life changed.
但后来我专注于体育,事情就是这样,那就是我生活的转变。
And if you have something in life that you really, really like, if you have a special talent or if your heart is into something else, I will not say that completely neglect5 studies.
如果你在生活中有你非常非常喜欢的事情,如果你有特殊的天赋,或者你喜欢其他的事情,我会说不要完全忽视了学习。
Do not ever neglect studies. I'm a graduate. YO! Okay?
千万不要忽视了学习。我已经毕业了,听我的好吗?
Don't neglect studies, but then focus on what you're really, really good at and make that your strong point, because that's what I did as well.
不要忽视学习,但要专注于你真正、真正擅长的东西,并把它作为你的强项,因为我也是这么做的。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
TAG标签:
happy
friends
graduation
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>