| |||||
(1)
Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay; 那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的日子已离我远去
Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away; 我的伙伴也离开了棉花田
Gone from the earth to a better land I know, 离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道
I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!" 我听见他们柔声呼唤
(Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low; 「老黑乔!」(反复)
I hear their gentle voices calling, 我来了,我来了,因为我的头渐渐低垂;
"Old Black Joe!" 我听见他们柔声呼唤「老黑乔!」
(2)
Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain? 我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?
Why do I sigh that my friends come not again? 我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?
Grieving for forms now departed long ago, 只为怀念早已逝去的人,
I hear their gentle voices calling, 我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!"「老黑乔!」
(3)
Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free? 昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?
The children so dear that I held upon my knee? 还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?
Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go, 他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,
I hear their gentle voices calling,我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!"「老黑乔!」
~~~by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864
|
|||||
TAG标签:
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>