| ||||||||||||||||
1. Balance the books 结账、结算
determine that accounts are in balance, bring the two sides into equilibrium1, settle an account by paying what is due
确定账户处于平衡状态,力求平衡,通过支付到期款来结算账户
The accountant says he can’t balance the books till our last check clears.
会计说上次的票款清理后才能给我们结账。
2. Bring home the bacon 养家糊口
earn a salary, make money for your family
挣钱养家
When our parents died in an accident, and my sister and I remained alone, I had to leave college and bring home the bacon.
父母意外死亡时,我和妹妹还没成家。所以我不得不辍学养家。
3. Go Dutch 各自付账
share the cost of something
共同支付
When I wanted to settle the bill, she insisted on going Dutch and pay for her meal.
就在我准备结账时,她坚持各自付账,并支付了自己那份饭钱。
a source of easy money, a job that pays a lot with little work
轻易得来的钱,赚钱的清闲差事
My brother took up a job in a beach restaurant and hoped to get on board the gravy train, but in fact he had to work more than in a factory.
我哥哥在沙滩边的餐馆工作,原本以为自己找到了一份赚钱的清闲差事,可实际上,那儿的活儿比工厂还多。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||
上一篇:dash away 飞快的离开,快走; 下一篇:8条与金钱相关的习语 下 |
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>