| ||||||||||||||||
41. freak (sb) out 气疯了,乐呆了,吓坏了
He freaked out when he heard he'd got the job.
得知自己被录用后,他乐坏了。
42. piece of cake 非常容易的事情
The exam was a piece of cake.
考试很简单。
43. hit the nail on the head 说中要害,说到点子上
I think Mick hit the nail on the head when he said that what's lacking from this company is a feeling of confidence.
米克说这家公司缺乏的是一种自信,我认为他说到点子上了。
44. cost an arm and a leg 花了一大笔钱
These shoes cost me an arm and a leg.
这双鞋花了我一大笔钱。
45. hit the books 学习;做功课
I can't go out tonight. I've got to hit the books.
我今晚不能出门,我得做功课。
46. bite off more than you can chew 承担力所不及的事;不自量力
Clinton conceded1, "We bit off more than we could chew in our original health care reform proposals2."
克林顿承认,“我们最初的医疗改革计划超出了我们的能力。”
47. when pigs fly 永无可能;决不可能
- Aren't you going to buy that house?
- 你不打算买那套房了吗?
- I will when pigs fly. It's just so expensive, I don't think it'll happen.
- 除非猪会飞吧。太贵了,我是肯定买不起了。
48. judge a book by its cover 以貌取人
- I don't like our new neighbours very much, they're quite strange.
- 我不喜欢咱们的新邻居,他们看起来怪怪的。
- You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I think they're just a bit quirky but really nice!
- 不要以貌取人哦。我觉得他们虽然看起来有点怪,但性格很好。
49. miss the boat (因行动慢而)错过机会,坐失良机
There were tickets available last week, but he missed the boat by waiting till today to try to buy some.
上周还有些票,但他一直等到今天才想去买,错过了机会。
50. go the extra mile 付出比别人期望中还要大的努力
He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.
他是个好人,帮助朋友从来不怕麻烦。
再附赠一个:
51. shape up or ship out 行就行,不行滚(不改进就解雇你)
This is the last time I'm telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.
这是我最后一次跟你说:别再迟到了。你要是再迟到就卷铺盖走人吧。
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||
上一篇:51个地道习语 4 下一篇:17个用词句式都很简单具体意思一眼看不出来的句子 |
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论 进入详细评论页>>